Do we have any data on frequency of reverts of users (or more particularly
new users) based on characteristics of the article being developed? There is
a proposal about "in-context help and onboarding" of new users:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/In-context_help_and_onboarding

where I am suggesting that we don't allow new users to edit articles of
higher importance, higher quality, higher readership, or higher
page-watcher-ship, or about living people because I strongly suspect  that
this is where new users are at much higher risk of reverting. I take this
approach during training, I suggest the topics they edit and choose what I
regard as "low risk" ones (and provide some sources). This produces almost
no reverts of their first edits which I think is very important in gaining
confidence with basic editing skills.

So I was curious about whether anyone has crunched such data or has data
that could be easily crunched to confirm or deny my hypotheses.

Kerry