Part of the larger discussion is about an on-boarding system that is asking the
user what they are trying to do so they can be given "just in time" advice on
how to do it. Obviously the thing isn't built yet to know the options to be
offered but you are right that we don't want unintended consequences of it.
But, having said that, we did over 1000 edits at State Library of Queensland
both this year and last year (about 1/4 of the world's total last year and
about 1/6 of the world's total this year), so I see my fair share of 1Lib1Ref
edits and, yes, they do get reverted. Here's an example edit from 2018 1Lib1Ref
that was reverted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Charters_Towers&type=revision&diff=821207200&oldid=816557651

Our community will bite 1Lib1Ref people (and the edit is clearly tagged as
such) just as happily as any other new user and, in this case, wouldn't back
down when I pointed out there was nothing wrong with the edit. I note that I
had advised the Australian community in advance about 1Lib1Ref and the kinds of
edits they would see happening precisely to try to start this sort of thing
happening, but ...

Actually the on-boarding system would also get in the way of training sessions.
So I will probably be asking for a way for "trustworthy" new users to be able
to bypass the on-boarding as this will be necessary for training sessions and
might also be a solution for 1Lib1Ref.

But the larger issue is to avoid new users having really bad initial
experiences because it drives them away so avoiding the high-risk articles for
reverting would be useful strategy. I'd happily keep 1Lib1Ref-ers away from
that kind of experience. I am hand-holding my librarians through the process
(the new ones all do their 1Lib1Ref in a series of edit-a-thons (we run 3 each
week through the 3 weeks and they all have my email address for any problems,
plus we do have some moderately experienced users among the librarians
themselves). We do not encourage the new users to use Citation Hunt because it
takes them to high-risk articles. We have our "lucky dip box" instead. We
literally have a box with slips of paper with the names of articles needing
certain kinds of edits -- this year we added public libraries in Queensland to
articles about Queensland towns and suburbs and opening/closing of schools in
Qld towns and suburbs) and we have clear instructions on how to do those kinds
of lucky dip edits. The repetition of doing the same kind of edit over multiple
(usually low-risk) articles builds skill and confidence with these groups. We
do similar things in our monthly WikiClubs with the new users (different theme
each month). They love doing the lucky dips (librarians are "completer"
personalities I think) and only a few seem to desire to advance to more
"freelance" editing.

Kerry