Thanks for your note Pine. I believe I have already shared this on
Wikimedia-l; I haven't shared to Announce, so I can do that.

"Diversity" is multifaceted. I think that some areas offer some hope (e.g.
program organizers & affiliate organizers have higher proportion of women
and geographic representation), others I am not uncertain whether we put a
lot of attention (Education & Age), and in others we are seeing little
progress (gender on the projects). And perhaps some aren't even on our
radar. I think many teams are still working to understand what are the
problems and possible levers that can help us to bring change to these
measures.  Some of those teams include Contributors/Audiences team,
Anti-Harassment Tools, Trust & Safety and Community Resources. Each of
these teams bringing their own strengths and angles to the problem. I
invite you to read the team reports
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Engagement_Insights/2018_Report/Team_Reports>
.

The research team is also working on finding a way to capture demographic
data as well this year. While we gather this data through CE Insights it is
not the most optimal way to measure demographic data. There was also the
recent email by Erik Zachte about language diversity (Email subject:
"Wikipedias, participation per language") Always to good to start to
measure what you want to change.

I also invite you (and perhaps everyone on this list) to reflect on: what
numbers are most concerning for you related to diversity? What could you do
to improve diversity on the projects? And decide how you would like to take
action.

Hope this helps!
Edward