Kerry Raymond, 16/09/2018 12:27:
Some time in the last few months (possibly at Wikimania) someone pointed me
at some research about predicting the outcome of Wikipedia consensus
building from the language they were using in Talk.

Maybe these?
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter/2012/January#Admins_influence_the_language_of_non-admins>
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter/2016/May#A_new_algorithmic_tool_for_analyzing_rationales_on_articles_for_deletion>

This one interested me the most (Centre Stage: How Social Network Position Shapes Linguistic Coordination, by Bill Noble and Raquel Fernández):
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter/2015/May#Talking_like_an_admin:_linguistic_mimicry_and_network_centrality_on_Wikipedia>

It shows how one gains influence in the English Wikipedia by adopting the dominant language and language style. I onserve similar patterns in other language editions, it would be great to repeat the study on other Wikipedias.

Federico