From: Tilman Bayer [mailto:tba...@wikimedia.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 September 2018 3:44 AM
To: kerry.raym...@gmail.com; Research into Wikimedia content and communities
<wiki-research-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: Re: [Wiki-research-l] where did I read about predicting user conflicts?

Maybe it was this research ?
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2018/06/13/conversations-gone-awry/

Or perhaps you were recalling the talk page research summarized in this year's
<https://wikimania2018.wikimedia.org/wiki/Program/State_of_Wikimedia_Research_2017-2018>
 "State of Wikimedia Research" Wikimania presentation?
https://mako.cc/talks/201807-wikimania_research.pdf

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 2:27 AM, Kerry Raymond <kerry.raym...@gmail.com
<mailto:kerry.raym...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Some time in the last few months (possibly at Wikimania) someone pointed me
at some research about predicting the outcome of Wikipedia consensus
building from the language they were using in Talk. I think it was either
research in progress or recently completed.

As I recall, the main "take home" message was that discussions where "you"
started to be used tended to end up in conflict and that discussions that
avoided "you" were more likely to resolve amicably.

If this rings any bells for you, can you please point me at it please.

Thanks

Kerry

Tilman Bayer
Senior Analyst