Hi Haifeng,

Some users will state on user pages that an account is an alternate
account. However, this practice is not followed by everyone, and those who
do follow this practice aren't required to so in a uniform way.

Alternate accounts which are not labeled as such, and which are used for
illegitimate purposes such as double voting, are an ongoing problem. You
might be interested in the English Wikipedia page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sock_puppetry.

Alternate accounts can also be used for legitimate purposes, such as people
who have one account for their professional or academic activities and
another account for their personal use.

Good luck with your project.

Pine