On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 5:23 PM Kerry Raymond <kerry.raym...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's why I think we need "signatures" which is my shorthand for things
> like a hash function or a bounding box, a means by which many non-matching
> accounts can be eliminated at low cost, reserving the high cost comparisons
> (machine or human) only for high probability candidates. [...]

The https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Scoring_Platform_team might
have some insights into these questions, although I believe they (current
and some former members) are active on this mailing list, so might chime in
here.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:52 PM Timothy Wood <timothyjosephw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Then again, apparently the Foundation has a PR team whose only job is to
> [...]

Please do not denigrate groups of people. Communicating about the
movement's mission and activities with large parts of the outside world,
and helping others in the movement to also do so, is an important role (and
is just part of their role). Similar to your own role in OTRS. However that
is all off-topic in this thread.

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.
Quiddity