Ah OK thanks, that does clarify quite a bit, and of course I am happy to
read you were inspired by ongoing efforts by Wikipedians. I myself
contribute quite a bit on Wikimedia projects and have thought a lot about
this problem, which I should stress is not just an issue for women, but
also for all minorities. Under "minorities" I mean anything not mainstream,
so regarding contributors, that would not just include women, but includes
any non-male gender, and anyone non-white, or not-English-speaking, or
not-living-in-a-city, or not-having-access-to-a-library, etc.

That said, the article gendergap is one of the (very) few things that we
can measure, using the wikidata query service and the gender properties.
The contributor gendergap is not measurable, as you have already
discovered. Under the "article gendergap", which is currently measured as
"percentage of articles about female humans out of the total number of
articles about humans per language Wikipedia", there are various projects
per language Wikipedia and the French Wikipedia is particularly active.

If you want to contribute a study that will benefit the larger Francophile
community using the French Wikipedia as a source, than I suggest trying to
narrow your selection of articles to some specific domain of study, like a
sport, or a branch of manufacturing, or an art, or branch of science.
Within that selection (say 100 articles including the thing under study)
just manually count the number of illustrations with women in them vs. men,
or the number of words per article about a woman vs about a man, or the
number of references per article per gender, or the number of references on
any of the articles, written by a woman vs written by a man, etc. So go
deeper than just the binary of "gender of human that is the subject of the
article". If you want to start with contributors, just ask around all your
friends and family to find out who has ever contributed to Wikimedia
projects and ask them their personal motivation, whether they were
encouraged or discouraged while editing and why or by whom, etc.