Dear Wiki Community,

My name is Mackenzie Lemieux and I am a neuroscience researcher at the Salk
Institute for Biological Studies and I am interested in exploring biases on
Wikipedia.

My research hypothesis is that gender or ethnicity mediate the rate of
flagging and deletion of pages for women in STEM.  I hope to
retrospectively analyze Wikipedia's deletion history, harvest the
biographical articles about scientists that have been created over the past
n years and then confirm the gender and ethnicity of a large sample.

It appears that we can identify deleted pages with Wikipedia's deletion log
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_log>, but to actually see
the page that was deleted we need to be members of one of these Wikipedia
user groups:  Administrators
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators>, Oversighters
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Oversight>, Researchers
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Researchers>, Checkusers
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:CheckUser>.

Does anyone have advice on how to obtain researcher status or is there
anyone willing to collaborate who has access to the data we need?

Warmly,
Mackenzie Lemieux

--
Mackenzie Lemieux