I imagine you could do a pretty good job of estimating the amount of time
an edit takes by modeling the various characteristics of an edit (chars,
edit distance, namespace, etc.) and comparing it to the inter-edit time in
multi-edit sessions.

Once you have a good estimator, you could then apply it to single edits.
That'd be really interesting.  I wonder what weirdness it might turn up.
E.g. maybe there are some types of edits that don't take a long time, but
they tend to correspond to long inter-edit times for some other reason.

-Aaron