chasemp added a subscriber: chasemp.
chasemp added a comment.

This is a little confused.  Private projects do not necessarily equal private
tasks.  Projects can be hidden and can be restrictive, but associating that tag
with a task has no security effects.  The security of a ticket itself is
independent of the projects.  That is why we developed the 'Security' drop down
and extension to allow people to file tasks and have their settings be
restrictive/secure-filing friendly.  I am guessing the 'spaces' stuff upstream
will address this.  I also think we should pursue a "per person default task
permissions" setting since my guess is people file tasks they want seen by the
same people 99% of the time.

But in general private projects have little to do with private tasks other than
a project can be a people container which can be used on a task ACL.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T823

REPLY HANDLER ACTIONS
  Reply to comment or attach files, or !close, !claim, !unsubscribe or !assign
<username>.

To: chasemp
Cc: wikibugs-l, Qgil, chasemp, Aklapper