On Mar 31, 2012, at 15:22, emijrp <emi...@gmail.com> wrote:i all;

> I'm thinking about notability in Wikidata and how it may conflict with
> Wikipedia current policies and community conceptions. Will Wikidata allow to
> create entities for small villages, asteroids, galaxies, stars, species, etc,
> that are not allowed today at Wikipedia? Including about those that don't
> have article in any Wikipedia?

Are you referring to the English Wikipedia's notability guidelines?  I don't
see why they would apply here, just as they don't apply to the English
Wiktionary or the German Wikipedia.  As far as I know, every Wikimedia project
comes up with it's own guidelines. Are there any Wikimedia-wide guidelines?

On the other hand, as I understand it, Phase 1 of Wikidata is mostly about
cataloging the union of all the Wikipedias, so if a concept is missing from
=every= Wikipedia, I wonder if it will make the cut for Phase 1.

- John Burger