Hey folks :)

Last week, the GNOME Foundation announced the interns that were
accepted for the May - August 2014 round of the Outreach Program for
Women (OPW). Eight interns were selected to work on Wikimedia
projects, including two who will contribute to Wikidata outreach
efforts. I will be mentoring them with Thiemo as my backup.

Anjali Sharma of India will be focusing on the design of mobile app
concepts and promoting Wikidata on social media platforms. Her
original project proposal can be found here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WikiHunt_the_%27Property%27:_Wikidata_Outreach_Initiative
 She will be blogging about her progress here:
http://discoveranjali.wordpress.com/

Helen Halbert of Canada will be evaluating and expanding Wikidata
documentation and  contributing to a GuidedTours extension for
introducing new users to Wikidata. Her original project proposal can
be found here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Feed_the_Gnomes_-_Wikidata_Outreach
She will be blogging about her progress here:
http://www.helenhalbert.com/

OPW is part of Wikimedia’s mentorship programs and is intended to
encourage new and intermediate contributors to grow their skills as
well as provide pathways for richer community collaboration. Community
feedback is essential to the success and sustainability of our
interns’ projects and will be sought by Anjali and Helen throughout
their work. They'll be in touch with you as the projects progress.

Please welcome them to Wikidata. I'm really excited to have them here
to help us out.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata