Am 06.06.2014 15:42, schrieb David Cuenca:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Daniel Kinzler <daniel.kinz...@wikimedia.de
> <mailto:daniel.kinz...@wikimedia.de>> wrote:
>
>     SKOS is a good fit for Wikidata data items. For modeling Wiktionary,
> LEMON fits
>     a lot better <http://lemon-model.net/>.
>

> Could you please elaborate on how to share the label between q items and the
> future lexical items? It is not very clear to me what you have in mind.

That's unrelated to SKOS vs LEMON - I'm just saying that SKOS is good for the
thesaurus-like info we have in the form of item labels and aliases, while we
will need a more complex model like LEMON for actually modeling lexical entities
in detail.

As for cross-linking: I have some ideas, but there is nothing definite yet.
Basically, if sense S2 of lexical entity W5 "refers to" item Q7, the primary
forms of W5 (the lemma) could be "somehow" treated as alases for Q7. How exactly
I'm not sure yet. One way would be to just use a bot (see below).

> OTOH, is there any possibility to have some property values indexed as
> aliases?
> (like the ones Joe mentioned [1]: "birth name", "pseudonym")

That would be nice, but we decided against it for now, in the name of
simplicity. Generally, the wiki way is "no magic, do it by hand" - where "by
hand" often means "by bot".

The software shouldn't know about "special" properties. A bot could know about
them, and automatically add aliases.

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.