Markus,

Thank you very much for this.  Translating Wikidata into the language of
the Semantic Web is important.  Being able to explore the Wikidata taxonomy
[1] by doing SPARQL queries in Protege [2] (even primitive queries) is
really neat, e.g.

SELECT ?subject
WHERE
{
   ?subject rdfs:subClassOf <http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q82586> .
}

This is more of an issue of my ignorance of Protege, but I notice that the
above query returns only the direct subclasses of Q82586.  The full set of
subclasses for Q82586 ("lepton") is visible at
http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-todo/tree.html?q=Q82586&rp=279&lang=en --
a few of the 2nd-level subclasses (muon neutrino, tau neutrino, electron
neutrino) are shown there but not returned by that SPARQL query.  It seems
rdfs:subClassOf isn't being treated as a transitive property in Protege.
Any ideas?

Do you know when the taxonomy data in OWL will have labels available?

Also, regarding the complete dumps, would it be possible to export a
smaller subset of the faithful data?  The files under "Complete Data Dumps"
in http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-exports/rdf/exports/20140526/ look too
big to load into Protege on most personal computers, and would likely
require adjusting JVM settings on higher-end computers to load.  If it's
feasible to somehow prune those files -- and maybe even combine them into
one file that could be easily loaded into Protege -- that would be
especially nice.

Thanks,
Eric
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Emw