> I'm very confused now.  Can anyone shed some light on what best practice
should
be then?

Wikidata is confusing and not mature, it's sometime hard to put best
pratices and a work of every day /o\. I guess this will be settled only
when the data will be used and when we will have a decent query engine, or
reasonable constraints about the subject.

I don't personnaly really care if the same kind of datas are stored with
the same pattern (the best model) but it's not always easy to decide and
there is a lot to do before we really become confident with the choice we
make. The time where the query engine will be ready and fully operational
will be a great help and will ease to normalize the datas and we will know
which query are the most elegant, which models are resonably general to
limit the number of patterns used in Wikidata. This time has not came yet
imho.