Dear all,

I am happy to announce the third release of Wikidata Toolkit [1], the Java library for programming with Wikidata and Wikibase. The main new features are:

* Full support for the (now) standard JSON format used by Wikidata
* Huge performance improvements (decompressing and parsing the whole JSON dump now takes about 15min; was more like 80min before)
* Many new example programs for inspiration and guidance [2]

Maven users can get the library directly from Maven Central (see [1]); this is the preferred method of installation. There is also an all-in-one JAR at github [3] and of course the sources [4].

Version 0.3.0 is still in alpha. For the next release, we will focus on the following tasks:

* Support a binary format for even faster random access (some of this is done already, but not quite ready for release yet)
* A command-line tool for data processing/conversion tasks
* Support for storing and querying data

Feedback is very welcome. Developers are also invited to contribute via github.

Cheers,

Markus

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_Toolkit
[2] https://github.com/Wikidata/Wikidata-Toolkit/tree/master/wdtk-examples (scroll down for documentation)
[3] https://github.com/Wikidata/Wikidata-Toolkit/releases
(you'll also need to install the third party dependencies manually when using this)
[4] https://github.com/Wikidata/Wikidata-Toolkit/