On 22/10/2014 14:23, Smolenski Nikola wrote:
Citiranje James Heald <j.he...@ucl.ac.uk>:
(1) There would be no change to the item structure on Wikidata in any
way -- no change to the values of any of the item properties -- only
some extra sitelinks.

So I don't see *why* you think there would be any risk to Wikidata's
"own integrity".

Interestingly how no one mentions (or have I missed it?) what to me seems to be
the biggest problem, and that is the possibility that multiple Wikidata items
link to a single Wikipedia article.

If sitelinks to redirects are ever implemented, it would be imperative that it
is checked that no two redirects lead to the same place.

It's no problem if multiple redirects link to the same place.

For example, on en-wiki, we have
   Luke Havell (redirect)    ->   Havell family
   Robert Havell (redirect)  ->   Havell family
   Daniel Havell (redirect)  ->   Havell family
etc

It's no problem if we have different items
   Q(Luke Havell)   ->   Luke Havell (redirect)
   Q(Robert Havell) ->   Robert Havell (redirect)
   Q(Daniel Havell) ->   Daniel Havell (redirect)

different items, for different people, sitelinked to different places on en-wiki, that happen to be redirects.

But one advantage of having this structure is that if somebody then changes Robert Havell into a full article, then Q(Robert Havell) is already pointing to the right place.

  -- James.