Hi Amir,

Amir E. Aharoni schreef op 11-2-2015 om 13:12:
If I may dream for a moment, this should be something that can be used in all Wikipedias, and without copying this template everywhere, but built into the site's software :)
Exactly, the template based approach doesn't scale at all. You have to somehow make it automatic. One thing I thought about is adding suggested sitelinks to Wikidata. The software would encounter a red link and would look in Wikidata if it can find an item with a suggested sitelink of the same title. Huge software overhaul so I don't see that happening.

Another approach that is probably already possible right now:
* Take an article with a red link
* Look at the links in the article in other languages.
* If you find a link that points to another article which has the same label as the red link in the same language, link to it

I wonder how many good results that would give.

Maarten