On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Ricordisamoa
<ricordisa...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, was GitHub chosen because it fitted with your workflow?

Several reasons but mostly exposure to other users of libraries that
are not tied to MediaWiki and workflow.

> Will you embrace Differential when it comes?

That's a discussion we need to have when it is available. In general though yes.

> Finally, the ever-changing client-side APIs make gadgets development a pain
> in the ass.
>
> Agreed but as I said this is going to be painful for a little longer
> until we have done the UI redesign. After that I want it to be more
> stable again obviously.
>
> Thanks. Is there a task/page where progress is tracked?

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T54136 and its subtasks are what I
use for tracking the whole redesign. We do this in steps. The
sitelinks have been revamped but still need a few more fixes. Header
area is getting close. Next up is the statement section. And then
polishing on the whole thing.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata