On 20.02.2015 17:58, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
Hoi,
Obviously you forgot about OmegaWiki. It can still do things Wikidata is
incapable of.

I will never forget OmegaWiki. It has a firm place in the history of Wikidata. Experiences with OmegaWiki have directly influenced Wikidata through our conversations with Erik. At the very least, OmegaWiki was the first project using the name "Wikidata" for a Wikimedia-related project/software (this part of the history is somewhat hard to discover right now since it was mainly discussed in late 2004-2006; the historic page is at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Archive/Wikidata/historical).

Anyway, our discussion was about the role of RDF, not about a comprehensive history of Wikidata. Nevertheless, be assured that if anybody would contest the contributions of OmegaWiki, I will react in a similar fashion.

Markus

--
Markus Kroetzsch
Faculty of Computer Science