Hey :)

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Bene* <benestar.wikime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> recently I had a discussion on IRC on how badges for site links should work.
> After some time I realized that there is a general design issue with their
> implementation.

<snip>

So here's my view on this:
* Wikidata is not just a place to store information that is useful to
at least 2 Wikipedias. It can store stuff that is useful for only one
of them or even none of them.
* Badges like "this article needs copy-editing" or "this article needs
sources" or "this article needs expansion" are information about one
specific article. However they are not just useful for that one
Wikipedia. There are plans for tools that will for example give you
suggestions like "You are on this article on English Wikipedia. The
article on the same topic in German (which we know you also speak)
needs expansion. Do you want to have a look?" To do this in a useful
and non-painful way this information needs to be stored centrally in
Wikidata and not in cumbersome templates.

Therefore:
* We should allow more than one badge per sitelink.
* We can start with supporting just one badge per sitelink.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.