> Hi Luca,
>
> Op 5-3-2016 om 14:30 schreef Luca Martinelli:
>>
>> Probably the threshold we set up for the conversion is too high, and
>> this might be one of the causes why the whole process has slowed down
>> to a dying pace.
>
> You call
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Maintenance_script a
> dying pace?
>
> Instead of complaining here people should participate in
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Addshore/Identifiers/0 . Still plenty of
> easy properties that are clearly distinct, unique and have an external url.
> It doesn't make sense to discus the more complicated cases if we haven't
> gotten the easy cases out of the way yet.

Point taken, I apologise for using too dramatic tones.

Nonetheless, I stick to the point that probably a ">99% unique
identifier" threshold is too high. Just to make another example
(disclaimer: I asked for this property since it is yet another
catalogue that my institution runs), P1949 has not been converted to
identifier because it has "only 98.82% unique out of 507 uses", that
translates in only *six* cases out of 505 items which have two P1949
identifiers.

More, I did not intervene because of my blatant conflict of interest
AND because I do not know with who discuss this and where, not even
the general "what is an identifier" discussion. Probably there is a
place where this discussion is going on, and I apologise again for not
knowing (though I have some pretty good excuses), and I'm serious when
I say that I'd be thankful to you if you please can point me in the
general direction of where this is happening. :)
(https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Addshore/Identifiers maybe? Though
that discussion seems to be pretty blocked)

L.