On 01/05/2016 11:56, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 12:47 PM James Heald <j.he...@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

Is there a big problem with the SPARQL servers ?

SPARQL used to return 22,412 hits; and Autolist currently returns 22,458
hits (the latter includes deprecated values).

But now SPARQL is only returning 18,291 hits
     http://tinyurl.com/zbqznun

The number has been over 22,000 since at least October last year.  (And
before that was down at about 8,700).

Yes unfortunately there are some hickups currently. See this email by Stas:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikidata/2016-April/008618.html

Cheers
Lydia

Ah, okay.  Thanks Lydia.

I had seen that Stas was proposing to roll back the SPARQL data to mid-April,
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikidata/2016-April/008618.html
but I didn't realise that was still in the pipeline.

If I am reading the bug correctly, it seems that a fix may now have been found for the underlying problem, which should be deployed on Monday,
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T133924
so I guess that's implying the SPARQL database is now hoped to be repaired after that, once there's a new dump to work from?

  -- James.

(Thanks to all for getting to the bottom of the root problem so fast.)