Very nice!

As a slight tweak on your query, here are some statues within 10km of London's Trafalgar Square
http://tinyurl.com/htxqp5t

... or within 10km of Stockholm's Stortorget
http://tinyurl.com/jnv5qo3
(Warning: per a recent decision of the Swedish Supreme Court, the latter search may be a copyright violation).

Probably quite a lot of items to add on both counts -- has anybody scoured Commons for public art, that may not yet have an article in any Wikipedia? -- but really exciting to be able to produce output like this so easily.

One thing I'm a little nervous about is that the first search is taking six and a half seconds to run, compared to 809 ms for every statue within Greater London
  http://tinyurl.com/hwf7pjg
which I would have thought ought to be a similar-sized query.

I haven't checked the optimiser output -- is this likely to be because the join has been performed in a different order? Or is there a good reason why the geo-search should be so much slower, even now it has indexing built in ?

One other thing for the wishlist -- it would be really nice if the map mouseovers could show thumbnails (and indeed if there was a toggle to allow them for the table output, too). Also, should the Commons links not point to the file information pages, or alternatively to MediaViewer, rather than directly to the images? The latter makes it very hard to see the attribution information (etc) for the images, which could be a licence violation, eg of CC-BY.

But overall: wow!   Fantastic!

All best,

   James.