Hi Marco,

I agree that many of these lists and tables could be harvested (with
some care, of course).

However, I don't think that the information they contain should go to
the Wikidata item they are associated with. This Wikidata item mostly
exists to store inter-language links, but is poorly connected to the
rest of the knowledge graph. This tax revenue and GDP information should
go to the country items themselves.

I am working on the problem of extraction of statements from lists and
tables and will write a tutorial when the tools are ready. WikidataCon
attendees might have a glimpse of that in this session:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikidataCon_2017/Submissions/OpenRefine_demo

Cheers,
Antonin