Both Wikidata and DBpedia surely can, and should, coexist because we'll
never be able to host in Wikidata the entirety of the Wikipedias.
However, it's clear that, the more data is in Wikidata and, therefore,
retrieved by the Wikipedias, the less data DBpedia has to extract from
these Wikipedias.

I wouldn't say that Wikidata, or DBpedia, are happy or sad to
collaborate with each other — they're complex abstractions with many
different people involved with their corresponding considerations, and
some of these people working on both projects. However, I know that
Wikidata, as a platform, is collaborative in the highest possible
degree, so not only DBpedia, but absolutely anyone, can collaborate and
build Wikidata as they actually consider.

--
David Abián
Wikimedia España