Interesting. I am very interested in this topic. Is there a page on
Wikidata where all this information is collected? One day I read about
the disease ontology mentioned by Andra Waagmeester. But I don't know
where I can track the progress of the mapping, not only to the disease
ontology.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Iván

On 9/22/18 1:13 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> Maarten Dammers, 22/09/2018 14:28:
>> What ontologies are important because these are used a lot? Some of
>> the ones I came across:
>> * https://www.w3.org/2009/08/skos-reference/skos.html
>> * http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/
>> * http://schema.org/
>
> Since 2016 there was some progress:
> https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/280
> https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1186
>
> The last time I looked into it was for music:
> https://www.wikidata.org/?oldid=297764900#schema.org/MusicRecording
>
> Mapping properties is tedious but a relatively amount of work (tens of
> hours rather than hundreds) can make a significant difference.
>
> Federico

Iván Hernández Cazorla
Historiador e interesado en las humanidades digitales
Miembro de Wikimedia España
https://ivanhercaz.com | https://keybase.io/ivanhercaz