By the way: the item "demand <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4402708>" in
Wikidata clearly refers to the economic concept in its broadest and most
abstract sense, while https://schema.org/Demand is defined as "the public
(...) announcement by an organization or person to seek certain types of
goods or services. "

So I would not say they are equivalent classes, but rather something like <
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4402708> <skos:narrower> <
https://schema.org/Demand>.

As Andra Waagmeetser indicates, could not this be modeled with an external
ID?