James,

It looks like a lot of that phabricator issue was around Taxons ?  For the
Poodle to show a class of Mammal...

Seems like many of these could be answered if someone responded to
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Danyaljj on their last question about if
an "OR" could be used with linktype with gas:service ... where no one gave
an answer to their final question comment here:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Request_a_query/Archive/2017/01#Timeout_when_finding_distance_between_two_entities

I tried myself to answer that question and find either Parent Taxon OR
Subclass of a Poodle, but couldn't seem to pull it off using gas:service
and 1 hour of trial and error in many forms, even duplicating the program
twice ...

http://tinyurl.com/yb7wfpwh

#defaultView:Graph
PREFIX gas: <http://www.bigdata.com/rdf/gas#>

SELECT ?item ?itemLabel
WHERE {
  SERVICE gas:service {
    gas:program gas:gasClass "com.bigdata.rdf.graph.analytics.SSSP" ;
                gas:in wd:Q38904 ;
                gas:traversalDirection "Forward" ;
                gas:out ?item ;
                gas:out1 ?depth ;
                gas:maxIterations 10 ;
                gas:linkType wdt:P279 .
  }
  SERVICE gas:service {
    gas:program gas:gasClass "com.bigdata.rdf.graph.analytics.SSSP" ;
                gas:in wd:Q38904 ;
                gas:traversalDirection "Forward" ;
                gas:out ?item ;
                gas:out1 ?depth ;
                gas:maxIterations 10 ;
                gas:linkType wdt:P171 .
  }

  SERVICE wikibase:label {bd:serviceParam wikibase:language
"[AUTO_LANGUAGE],en" }
}