Am 29.11.18 um 10:40 schrieb Yuri Astrakhan:>If at
> some point you decide to add some new area of data, e.g. biological, you could
> add new prefixes for that too, but that would also be a "separate" project.

The Q, P, L, M, etc are used to identify the *type* of entity. They are not for
keeping projects separate. That was never their purpose. Wikibase uses prefixes
before that, but they are prefixed *before* the letter that indicates the type.

>     The prefix can be omitted for local entities, so Q12345
>     is an item on the local repo (or the default repo of a wikibase client).
>
> I think that was a big mistake -- the "(or the default repo of a wikibase
> client)"  -- because wd implies Wikidata, not Wikibase, so it dilutes the
> meaning of "wd:". See my other email on how I fixed it.

I'm confused - yes, we: should ALWAYS imply wikidata. Your wikibase instance
would have its own prefix (that can be omitted for local use), e.g. "osm:".

For the record, I'm just voicing my oppinion here, and telling you what the
original intention was. I'm no longer working on Wikidata or Wikibase, and I
can't make any decisions on any of this.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Software Engineer, Core Platform