Hi!

> WQS data doesn't have versions, it doesn't have to be in one space and
> can easily be separated. The whole point of LOD is to decentralize your
> data. But I understand that Wikidata/WQS is currently designend as a
> centralized closed shop service for several reasons granted.

True, WDQS does not have versions. But each time the edit is made, we
now have to download and work through the whole 2M... It wasn't a
problem when we were dealing with regular-sized entities, but current
system certainly is not good for such giant ones.

As for decentralizing, WDQS supports federation, but for obvious reasons
federated queries are slower and less efficient. That said, if there
were separate store for such kind of data, it might work as
cross-querying against other Wikidata data wouldn't be very frequent.
But this is something that Wikidata community needs to figure out how to do.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org