Great Suggestion Chris. That would be a great idea to caputre videos
of linux. Specially compiz effect can make anyone drool. Most kids
would love to ditch windows for that. I think there are already alot
of videos online. All we need to do is to create a structured
assortment of it. See this for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzCL0TocBvg&feature=related
Then we have localized projects in almost every language in ubuntu. I
am a member of pakistan chapter and there are numerous chapters
around. Web is full of installation, debugging and troubleshooting
tutorials. A framework for collecting it to create a guidebook like
walkthrough for beginners with no basic knowledge of linux is
required. Do volunteer for this project if you have time.