Hmm, its a big problem my end, because if and when some of my colleagues see
the use of this and other restrictive licenses, all they see is that its
Creative Commons and think that equates to OER... I am sensing a rise in the
use of restrictions as the 2nd wave of OER comes on board without fully
considering it

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Stephen Downes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Wayne wrote:
>
> Yeah Leigh, I don't get either :-(
>
> I would love to hear the rationales from these leading OER advocates who
> publish works on the topic of OER under a ND license.
>
> I would guess they have a commercial distribution deal with Scribd. That
> would explain the ND - they don't want a (more usable) HTML version out
> there diluting the marketing impact.
>
> I'm just guessing, though.
>
> -- Stephen

Leigh Blackall