Hi Leo, just back from a little trip to the mountains... now climbing a
mountain of email!

Your question about: *it prevents by way of stating a principle,
oganisations cashing in on the hard work of OER campaigners.
*
"it" is the Free Cultural Works Definition (FCWD). It is perhaps the only
document at the moment that is useful for distnguishing what IS free and
open and what is not. MIT's Open Courseware are not free cultural works
under that definition. So, the FCWD is a statement of principle, that you
and I will find increasingly useful in exposing what is not actually free
and open.*
*

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539