Hi Leigh,

I think one of the biggest challenges facing OERs -- particularly with
regards to the peer collaboration model are the technical silos which
exist between and among projects. As OER projects, there should have a
technical environment that enables all the OER projects, WMF,
WikiEducator, Connexions and appropriately licensed OCW projects to
mix and match content. We still have a ways to go before the technical
issues are resolved.

We need to spend a lot more time figuring out how we can promote
seamless integration and interoperability among free content
projects.  RSS is a great way to remix small bits of stuff together --
but it's not ideal for large content chunks and users who have very
limited bandwidth.  For example -- try loading our RSS eLearning blog
feed on a slow dialup connection :-( --
http://www.wikieducator.org/ELearning_Blogfeed

Answering the question of the best fit for content from a pedagogical
perspective is not a simple distinction. (See for example the
discussions over time between Wikibooks and Wikiversity regarding the
distinction between content allocations between these projects.)  In
asynchronous learning environments their is a blending between content
(i.e. what to teach) and form (how to teach it) thus making it more
difficult to decide, for instance, whether this is a Wikibooks of
Wikiversity related project.

Moreover -- I think that education has a far more interesting and
exciting challenge regarding OERs, and that's what I call the
reusability paradox. Education is contextually bounded -- and the more
pedagogy you build into a resource, the less reusable it becomes in
different contexts.

I'm very keen for WikiEducator to start pushing the envelope in
finding workable solutions to these challenges. It would be great to
see WikiEducators around the world putting our forward looking
disposition into action -- by implementing  technical and educational
innovations for the future. I see the OER "texbook" initiative as an
exiting opportunity.

Frankly -- I don't care where the content resides -- but I go care
about the priorities of educators and how we collectively can add
value into making the world a better place.