The existing extension (created by
pediapress<http://code.pediapress.com/wiki/wiki>)
will create a PDF from a collection of wiki pages in a format appropriate to
being printed as a book. I'm guessing the settings could be tweaked to
provide for different output formats, landscape images with backgrounds and
bullet points for example, but not by default or that I've been able to find
easily. This would be one area I'd be interested in improving.
The plugin to the Eclipse IDE <http://www.eclipse.org/> is something
different that is not yet integrated with MediaWiki in any way. It does have
some things that I am fairly sure wouldn't be easy to impliment in the
existing structure such a the realtime preview of what your presentation
will look like. video demo <http://blip.tv/file/1684174/>
Pulling the plugin out of Eclipse and into something more accessible to
educators is my a second area of exploration.

Hope that helps clarify things,
ScottGeoffrey