Hi Eliza,

That's a good point. Self-organising, peer production communities are very
different from the traditional model, hence the fear of organisations to try
it out.

Administrators and decision-makers who don't have experience of the
effectiveness and agility of self-organising systems find it hard to take
decisions committing time and resources to this kind of approach. In some
respects, its like learning to swim -- you have got to get your feet wet.

One way that has worked well for us is the pilot project approach.  We
encourage and support organisations to test the waters with a small but
focused project. Once members of the project team see and experience the
benefits of the self-organising approach -- they're sold.  It takes time --
but authentic experience is a powerful approach in supporting organisations
with incremental transformation.