Hi Chris,

A pleasure speaking with you - it's a great idea for a project....

With your assistance, I've set up a space on WikiEducator so that you can
get started!

http://www.wikieducator.org/Assessment_and_Evaluation

Cheers,

- Randy

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Chris Babowal <bab...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> I have been thinking about how to empower people who teach.  The biggest
> hurdles teachers face is 'standards and assessments.'  No matter who
> develops the standards, publishers are in control of the assessments.  I
> suggest that we work together to put together materials that meet the
> standards we, as teachers, feel are important.  Then make create appropriate
> evaluation tools that will promote the standards that we as a group feel are
> most appropriate for our teaching field and promote our teachers by
> providing quality evaluation tools for demonstrating our teaching skill
> levels.
>
> As the president of a testing organization, I feel I have at least some of
> the skills required to assist in developing some of the assessment tools and
> Moodle/Soodle can provide at least the starting software required for
> dissemination.  For areas which require human grading, we have loads of
> teachers to call on and thus can make these tools more worldwide and very
> inexpensive. Program evaluation is mainly surveys and testing results, thus
> putting together this component will also be the same as assessment tools.
>  There are also lots of public domain information that can help
> supplement the project.
>
> Testing, assessment tools and evaluation has to have statistics and quality
> control, which is very different than what Wikieducator does now, but can be
> achieved by committees and surveys.  I hope this is an idea that will take
> off.  I am willing to spearhead the project if it is appropriate for
> wikieducation.
>
> Chris Babowal
> President
> Babowal & Associates, Inc.
> 2588 Pioneer Ave.
> San Jose, CA 95128
> Skype: babceo
> Business Tel: (408) 874-6774
> Cell: (408)504-8899
>

> ------------------------------

Open Education is a sustainable and renewable resource.

________________
Randy Fisher, MA, OMD
Senior Consultant & Facilitator, Intersol Group, Canada

Senior Consultant, Organization & Business Development
International Centre for Open Education / OER Foundation, New Zealand

Elected Member, WikiEducator Community Council, www.wikieducator.org
+1 613.230.6424 x144 (EST)
Skype: wikirandy
Twitter: wikirandy

* Stakeholder Engagement, Change / Transition Management & Performance
* Organization Design & Development
* Sustainable Project Implementation & Community-Building
* E-Learning, Online Collaboration & Communities of Practice
* Coaching & Facilitation
* My Bio: http://www.communitybuildingexpert.com