On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 2:57 PM, john stampe <jwsta...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Interesting post.
>
> You may be interested in the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) which has
> been looking into issues related to voting machines. See
> https://www.eff.org/issues/e-voting
>
> Also you might want to read Bruce Schneier's writings on the issue. He is a
> security guru who has written a lot about voting machines. His big point is
> that there is no "security through obscurity". Search his blog at
> http://www.schneier.com/blog
>
> Regards,
> John

Thank you.

I'm reading this Bruce Schneier inspired thread right now, very interesting:
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/04/ireland_does_aw.html

EFF and OSU's Open Source Lab both connect to a local NGO called DemocracyLab.

Here in my zip code area (97214) we have the Linus Pauling Campus,
also discussing this topic.

In luckier schools, a contingent of faculty sees designing and running
a school intranet as a responsibility.  Perhaps a local ISP gets
involved (locally, our public LEP High has contracted with Open
Sorcery).

Students get to apprentice.

The software one might use to catalyze democratic decision making does
not stop with just voting.

Kirby Urner
Portland, Oregon