hey bee and all , first of all thank you for your comments , voicethread is
a great idea , but unluckily , in china , it is too slow for me to open and
youtube is also blocked here for many years , i will give them rubrics like
you were suggesting , but my problem is twofold

   - in a group assessment , how would i give assessment for a group , but
   not to demotivate the each individual work , yes i couldl ask them to each
   present 3 mins then assess them individually i think i will go for this
   methods so group assessment is kinda of easy for me now , Tim , what you
   were suggested was the rubrics i could use , actually i have already used
   what you are suggested ,i will send you a copy when i am done here this
   week
   - for a individual assessment , i am still stuck , if i am using bee's
   idea to ask them to upload the teaching videos , that would be not too
   difficult , but the interaction between students are hard to capture and
   assess , any ideas for this ? also , if each students upload a video , do i
   still need to ask one of students from the group to teach in front of
   everyone ? after all , teaching should also be face to face ? there are 4
   teachers in one group , who should i pick to present .

For teaching

   - i think i will surely try to use Flip Classroom idea , the problem is
   how do i record my own teaching what are tools available there ? easy to
   use i am not a techie type of teacher
   - for Tim , your suggestions reminds me a lot of bloom taxnomy , this is
   something i really love to adopt in teacher training , i would love to talk
   with you more on this area .
   - For Alex , you are really killing me and making my life more difficult
   , but i stole the idea from you about real life case study , for teacher
   education , does anyone have some good real life case situation or
   simulation i could use , i am trying to use this
   http://www.explorelearning.com/ as it is mostly for math and science
   teacher , any expert from math area sugggest me some of resources the math
   and science teacher can use in china , coz math and science are very
   universal , 1+1=2 no matter where you are from , but alex , you need to
   think harder to give me more specific example , could you ?
   - for others , the written test idea sound good , i used to hate written
   test , but i think i can do something more like teacher portofolio for
   those 400 teachers as the written test for them thank you !!
   - by the way , i am not the only teacher for this project , there is one
   more female teacher , however i teach 90% of classess
   - btw this is china national teacher education program
   http://guopei.teacher.com.cn ,first time ever in history in china , so
   it is kinda of exciting to be able tohelp those 400 teachers and co-learn
   with them ,
   - last but not least ,* i would like to build a teacher support network
   in china to support teachers from all over china  ,   i want to create a
   platform for teacherse who are experimenting with the creationg of their
   own curriculum (school -based curriculum  the platform will be
   international, webbased, ..it focuses on mentoring relationships, maybe
   one-to-one teacher exchange*, what do you wikieducator can or canot do
   in this task ?

2012/2/7 Barbara Dieu <beeonl...@gmail.com>

> >however i have too many students , but limited time , so i canot invite
> all 400 students to come to stage to give a 15 mins of demo teaching , but
> i need to give them an individual assessment since this is a individual
> task different from first one .
>
> I would use VoiceThread <http://voicethread.com> or ask them to record
> themselves (give a time limit) and post the videos on YouTube .
>
> I'd also give them rubrics for personal and peer evaluation (they'd
> have to check their performance against the rubrics and other teachers
> could peer review two or three colleagues, take the criteria you set
> into account and explain their evaluation - good practice for them as
> well to watch their peers and write something formal about it).
>
> I did this with high school students on different subjects, it worked
> pretty well and they enjoyed the task.
>
> Best regards from Brazil,
> B.
>

> --