I love it!   WOLA!   Joyce McKnight

-----wikieducator@googlegroups.com wrote: -----
To: wikieducator@googlegroups.com
From: Don
Sent by: wikieducator@googlegroups.com
Date: 05/22/2012 12:14AM
Subject: Re: [WikiEducator] Re: Shall we establish a WikiEducator Community College?

Hooray for WOLA!

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Anil Prasad <aplett...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear friends,

The poll for choosing a name for the proposed WikiEducator community college is now officially closed (by the close of business on 19 May, 2012 in your time zone).  Let me express my sincere gratitude to all the WikiEducator community members who have participated in the discussions on the WikiEducator community college concept, submitting nominations for selecting a name and subsequent voting with much enthusiasm.

Now the formal announcment of poll results

(See http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator_Community_College/Community_poll/Poll.12.5.12 )

As you know, our poll had three sections to gauge opinion on the scope of the proposed initiative and preferred name for the initiative based on the submissions made by the community . Please see the queries and voting position below:

1.       Should the initiative be extended beyond wiki skills and WIkiEducator specific activities?

Out of the thirty three (33) voters  in this section,  thirty (30) voters have voted ‘Yes’.  Here the voters have given a very strong mandate to extend the community college initiative beyond wiki skills and WikiEducator specific activities.

2.       Should the proposed name for this initiative include the concept WikiEducator (or reference to WikiEducator)?

Out of the thirty two (32) community members voted in this section, twenty two (22) have opted ‘Yes’.  It means majority of voters were in favour of including the concept of/or reference to WikiEducator in the name.

3.       Which one of the following nominations (names) you chose to name the proposed WikiEducator Community College?

The final section was to vote for a name. Therewere 30 nominations and 38 voters. To provide voters with the freedom of selecting  different choices, multiple selection was permitted in this section.

First three positions:

    1. The nomination Wikieducator Open Learning Academy (WOLA) got nineteen (19) votes
    2. The nomination WikiEducator Academy got 15 votes
    3. The nomination Institute of Open Education (IOE)  got 7 votes.

Therefore, the name  ‘Wikieducator Open Learning Academy (WOLA)’  is the winner! Let us congratulate ourselves - Congratulations WikiEducator Community!!!

Now I would like to propose that we may constitute a WikiEducator Workgroup to discuss and document the Vision, Mission, Interim Organization Structure, Interim Business Proceedures and Pilot initiatives for WOLA. Please see the work in progress charter for the Workgroup (http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator_Community_College/Workgroup1.12 ) and build it futher. I hope we will be able to complete the draft charter in two-three days and invite community members to sign up.
''WE ARE OFF TO ANOTHER MILESTONE IN OPEN EDUCATION BY ESTABLISHING WOLA!!!"
--
Warm regards

Anil