Hi Valerie and Jim,

You will find further information on the components of a definition for OER
definition here <http://wikieducator.org/Educators_care/Defining_OER>.

The OER Foundation and the WikiEducator community subscribe to free
cultural
works<http://wikieducator.org/The_right_license/Free_cultural_works>approved
licenses as a matter of policy. The use of open and free file
formats is important because technology should not be used to restrict
users in implementing the 4Rs.

Khan Academy videos use the non-commercial restriction, and for this reason
we are unable to embed these videos in WikiEducator. (It is however
possible to provide an external link to the resource.)

Wayne

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Valerie Taylor <vtay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jim is doing some great work on Math resources.
>
> He has a question that I'm hoping someone else can answer better than I
> can.

Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>
Director, International Centre for Open Education, Otago Polytechnic
Commonwealth of Learning Chair in OER, Otago Polytechnic
Founder and elected Community Council Member,
WikiEducator<http://www.wikieducator.org>
Mobile +64 21 2436 380
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/Mackiwg> |