On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:53 AM, geni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have no real reason to think that they frequently make significant
> mistakes.

AFAIK, the entire world currently knows of only one blocked image.
Many people consider it a clear mistake.  A bit undersampled, but it's
all we have and it does not look too good, especially since the are
quite clear to state that they block potentially illegal images: You
could declare just about anything to be potentially illegal.

> In terms of them being more open we would be better arguing
> that they should asses if the site operator can be considered
> responsible and if they are inform them of the issue (if there is
> actual child porn on wikipedia we would like to know about it). Their
> counter arguments to that but most can be shot apart by pointing out
> they are currently withholding information that responsible site
> operators need to keep their sites child porn free.

Thats quite true.  It's not like they are hiding from site operators
traffic is being intercepted. The interception itself is coarse and
quite obvious.  It's just that we can't tell what is actually being
done to the traffic, which things are being changed, etc.