I'm a bit on the fence, but my gut feeling is that an article
principally about a pop-culture subject, should be mainly... pop-ish
(to coin a term).

We are not an "academic" encyclopedia, we are supposed to be
representative of the entire world, which is why we include our
subjects warts.

I don't see any reason why this article should *not* mention academic
criticism, keeping in mind that that represents a very tiny minority
view of this subject. The simple fact that it's "academic and
peer-reviewed" does not trump UNDUE. We solely defined that category
for the purposes of RS, not related to UNDUE at all.

Will Johnson