On 12/12/08, David Goodman <dgoodma...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Scholarship in the arts is not  primarily "opinion", but analysis
> based on study of the primary sources, the same fundamental approach
> used on all other subjects.
[/snip]

You're right--and I guess this issue brings us down to the fundamental
rhetorical question asked by Larry Sanger: does Wikipedia tolerate
academic(s| opinions)? The answer tends to be no--because some people,
who tend to be the most vocal people and ironically seem to have the
most time on their hands, have got it into their heads that years of
study don't help someone to become more knowledgeable and to produce
better scholarship.

Perhaps there's an underlying issue that needs to be solved here.

--Thomas Larsen