I hate to pop into this, but have we thought about the question of
reader access. By this I mean as it currently is with most of our
sources, our readers are able to verify the articles themselves if
they wish to. If we start to use sources that only certain people can
access, that closes off the ability of the average reader to verify
what we write.

I don't know if this has been given thought or not, but it does need
looking into as I think it affects the free nature of the project.
(Eventually I can see cases where articles sources are not free, or
easily gotten freely, which may impact how new users can contribute.)

--
Nixeagle