Not going to put this on-wiki, but...

I may have a back channel to Verizon abuse people via the spam fighter
community.

I am peripherally aware of the details here, but I'm not the right person to
talk to Verizon about them.

If I can get a contact, who should I point them at for the detailed
conversation including names, addresses, edit histories, etc?

Thanks.

-george

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoeks...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 4:45 AM, Christopher Grant
> <chrisgrantm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  X! you missed out adminbots(e.g. Miza's).
> >
> > - Chris
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:03 PM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> image
> >> or
> harassment
> >> would
> >>

> >> I'm describing how this has been done in the past and why. PR isn't
> >> the reason, it's a consideration.
> >>
> >> I predict that such an ISP-wide block as we're describing here would
> >> go block, unblock, block, unblock x10, stop at unblock, arbitration,
> >> trout slaps and desysops all round for idiot blocking and wheel
> >> warring. Though it might shake loose the lower decile of admins.
> >> (That's an unintended side benefit, not a reason to do it either.)
> >>
> >> The reason the wheel of fat would stop at "unblock" is that the secret
> >> of blocks on Wikipedia is: they're just minor speed humps; you can't
> >> keep someone from editing if they *really* want to without shutting
> >> down the wiki. That's what "soft security" means and that's why we use
> >> it. Would your average reader or even editor know who the hell Grawp
> >> is in this context? No, they wouldn't. (They wouldn't because quite a
> >> few people work hard to make it that way, but nevertheless.)
> >>
> >> There's no point disrupting editing for large chunks of Verizon
> >> because this would just cause Grawp to go elsewhere. We're talking
> >> about someone who's clearly pathologically dedicated to this task.
> >>
> >> There is no cure for vandalism on Wikipedia while humans are humans.
> >>

> >> - d.

> I requested feedback on [[Wikipedia:Administrators'
> noticeboard/Arbitration enforcement]] with
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3AAdministrators%27_noticeboard%2FArbitration_enforcement&diff=260192750&oldid=260186203

-george william herbert
george.herb...@gmail.com