Many of the roughly 1.5 million Wikipedia articles that are near start or
stub quality are at that level for good reason: Lack of public interest.
However, if one were to start a new encyclopedia with the aim of improving
them and could find a sizable number of people whose tolerance for
incredibly boring topics was quite high, i'm sure Wikipedia would gladly
accept the changes back. Its just that no one would read them.