Ian Woollard wrote:
> It's looking to me like 3.5 million is about the plateau, since the
> curve is bang on that, but we might make 4 million *eventually*.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Modelling_Wikipedia%27s_growth#Logistic_model_for_growth_in_article_count_of_Wikipedia

We'll know more around the beginning of 2010. In my view something is
likely to change in the direction of people valuing lists of "missing
articles" more, when it is clearer that drive-by creation is getting
drossier by the month (which is what that model implies). Of course I
can't quantify that: I know it is still easy to come up with sets of
1000 topics that we don't cover at all well, and the total of redlinks
is still large.

Charles